October 26, 2005

Got Robbed Part II

The "Trauma Response" Counsiler gave me a hand out that had all the reactions one might get from and event like this. I identifed myself with five such reactions, which are a different colour.

Physical

Changes in appetite
Chest pains
Dizzy spells
Headaches
Heart palpitations
Insomnia/nightmares
Lack of energy
Nech or back pain
Reslessness
Shaky feeling

Emotional

Anger/rage
Anxiety or helpessness
Denial
Easily startled
Flashbacks
Heightended level of suspicion
Inability to concentrate
Irritability
Overprotection of children
Lack of interst in intimacy
Losing trust in those you've trusted
Loss of interest in sex

Changes at work

Daydreaming
Decrease in quality of work
distraction
Forgetfulness
Making small errors
Reluctance to go back to work
Repetition of work tasks already done
Tendency to over-work

1 comment:

  1. I was happy to see that you posted again after such a long time... until I saw the reason!! I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a dreadful experience-I hope you'll be ok!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive