December 19, 2005

Bus Series #2 Donaughts and Cigarettes

Another reason I like taking the bus, is because you never know when something's going to happen.

The other day, I was on my way downtown, and when there is no one else on the bus, the bus drivers usually asks if i'm going to Hurdman, which i always am. So they take me, and this bus driver was no different.

But I'm lying because he was different...maybe it was the whole work to rule, but non the less still illigal, he pulls out a cigarette and smokes it! He's not hiding it, not blowing it out the window, and not giving to shits. Just thought that was funny.

In telling this to my friend Ryan, he told me an equally funny story, which happend around the same time. Taking the very first bus in the morning, he came to Hurdman, and to his delight, a bus was doing donaughts in the parking lot in the middle of a snow storm. A BUS!

Today's Lesson: Bus driver's are ppl too: they like donaughts, coffee and cigarettes.

1 comment:

  1. I like your "bus series" because I have a plenty of experience while I was taking the bus. Most of my entries in my blogs were complaints about the speed of the bus that nearly threw people away from their seat when the bus was about to stop. I am still concerning about the safety of elders and children who are on the bus because they are unable to hold on to the nearby pole when the bus makes a quick stop.

    Another experience I had on the bus was once the bus driver being attacked by a drunk young man who demands to take the bus without paying the fare. It was 10pm at Southkeys and I saw the young man punched at the driver's right arm, called the driver "pussy" a few times and left the station with swear words.

    During the summer, my roommate's right eye was being cut by a woman's bus pass. That day, we were on our way back to campus, and we were sitting at the joint of the bus. Because there was no pole in the joint and a woman was walking in front of us when the bus started to roll. She thought she could catch the pole a few steps in front of her with her right hand; yet, she could not because of the sudden movement of the bus. The bus pass she was holding on her right hand cut through my roommate's right eye (he is a tall man) when she was catching the pole. My roomate was in pain, so I took him to the hospital immediately. Thankfully, the cut was not deep. His pupil did not get infected.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive