March 08, 2007

Mid-Year Resolution

I've always been interested in local foods, and feel that every one should focus on buying local whenever possible. However, I've always felt that univeristy makes this difficult because of lack of time. I've chosen the most convient location to buy all of my food.

But now I realize there are many stores in the down town region which offer local produce and meat. I was thinking I had to drive out to a farm and buy half a cow, but there are butchers that do that for me...! I will make more of an effort to go to these locations and finally increase my local consumption.

This will help me in my goals to:
*Reduce the amount of C02 produced indirectly by my decisions
*Increase the amount of walking I do
*Support small business
*Reduce my dependancy on large scale business which comprimise animal and human rights and potentially my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive