March 05, 2008

Quarterly Report on My New Year Resolutions

Here's a refresher on my previous post:

1)Read more!

2)Get Job

3)Eat according to my moral standards: eat more locally and organically.

4)Worm Compost

1)So the reading more bit doesn't have to start until i actually graduate. I mean i'm doing all my readings, but that doesn't count, because i would never read R v. Toronto Electric Commissioners for my own interest, even if it makes me a more interesting person.

2)This semester I have been doing some SASS career counseling and made use of their online services about cold calling as well as had a resume critique done. I've also applied to a job in hopes that it will be the only one i actually have to apply for- but we all know that's not how it works. *le sigh*

3)Well this one i've done pretty good so far. I've made a conscious effort to eat as much as i can foods that have less packaging. this involves not buying prepared foods when possible, and buying foods in bulk when possible. in addition, i've reduced the amount that i eat out. also i've increased the amount of organic food i eat dramatically. it's quite impressive. i can make entirely organic meals (excluding spices) nowa days. :) as for the local aspect, i haven't done much more on that front, i still buy when there is a choice between local and farther away, but i haven't done any thing in addition to improve the status quo.

4)Ah, the worm compost. well i talked to my roommate about it, and she seems happy about the idea, but i really haven't made any steps toward getting one. even more sad is that i haven't been doing the interim plan of bringing my compost to campus. so, in light of this, i will now being to do that, and perhaps the inconvenience of trekking my waste across campus will force me into starting my worm compost.


So because resolution 2 doesn't kick in yet, the resolutions are out of 3.
i get a 2/3 for making an effort in most of my resolutions. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive