June 22, 2004

Two Yuckies Make a Yum

Today, once my belly started complain, I had to eat something. The problem was that I really didn't have much food. Well of course there is food, but it's all "yucky" food. Then I thought of something brilliant.

What if I put two yucky foods together? I don't really like canned beans all that much, and the creamed corn in the cupboard was not the brand I liked (it was the kind of creamed corn that even starving children wouldn't eat) I put them in the pot together...And wasn't so sure about the idea, cause it looked like diarrhea in a pot.

Hmmm...So I thought it would be a good idea to change the colour to make it more aesthetic by adding some molasses (which I also think is yucky)...The colour looked much better now.

Now for taste. I put the magic ingredients that make just about any thing taste good: garlic, oregano, and basil.

Then I put it in a bowl... "It still need some variety of colour". So I put on a topping that never fails....Mmmmm-mmm cheddar.

If you can believe it, the experiment worked! It tasted so good! And not the good as in "it's good enough to eat right now, but I'll never make it again" good, but the "I'm going to write a recipe book, and this will be the star dish" good. Shocking? It is!

I encourage you to put those yucky foods to good use, and make your own yummy food at home! (Children need adult supervision)

Today's Lesson: It looks like shit, but it'snot. (Get it?)

3 comments:

  1. sorta sounds like u made modified Chile, beans, corns and some other junk, u lacked some ground beef and it would have been chile !! hahah !
    ~niv

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. and there i thought i invented something...but it's just chile..

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha its all good!its veg chile, thats an invention! :P
    ~niv

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive