September 16, 2004

My Goodness!

I just realized that I haven't been doing my "today's lesson" for quite a while. Probably a couple of months ago! I promise I will get right back into that! B/c they are quite funny. Take a gander at some of my old posts if you feel I don't post often enough. (Felix)

Actually, forgetting about the lesons is reflective of the rest of my life, recently. I don't just do the "today's lesson" because they are fun, but also because being able to learn something from everything you do in life is very important. A while ago, perhaps around the time that this blog was born, I was packing for a spiritual journy. Then, somehow, the business of university life made me forget. The link here is that spiritualism is about learning about the world and ones self. (i think). Only recently, when I was called selfish, did I remember.

Actually, it wasn't that smooth. I initially went, "what a jerk, i'm not selfish!" but then some thinking led me to relize that i am (sometimes ;) haha. Any ways this opened me up for a topic of discussion on my favorite radio station, cbc radio 1. The guest was David (??) Thurman, (the actress Uma Thurman's father), who was once a Budhist monk, and is now a philosophy prof, in some uni. Any ways, that interview sorta made me realize that I really went of track here. So much so that for the past year and a half I never even thought about actively persuing my spirituallity.

I did go see the Dalhi Lama when he was in Ottawa. Also, i did think about the time i was reading a great book, by Lama Surya Das, but got stolen before i was done, but neverthe less got me on the track (or at least made me aware of a track) in the first place.

But that was nothing really. That wasn't me actually trying to be a good human. That was me forgetting to learn. Boo.

Any who, this means that "Today's lesson" is back.

Today's Lesson: Life: Start here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi K

    its Uma Thurman

    also I tried to call you last night a bit before 10 just to let you know I'm glad I got to see you. Also, congrats on picking up your spiritual journey.

    Love,

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx, i changed the error. all better!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive