November 26, 2005

Dear Weenie

I can't remember where I heard this, but it was most likely CBC radio, as this is my biggest source of audio knowledge.

This is in response to the comment that you left in the previous post about how i hate "my hump".

What i heard was that radio stations don't actually play what's popular. the big music companies pay to have songs played on airtime. more money/gifts equals more airtime. the more airtime a song gets, the more likely it will become popular. reasons: exposure so that more people hear it, and repitition so that if you don't like it, at least it's in your head-maybe this will make you buy a cd.

of course some songs just flop. but we dont remember those, cause they're pulled.

other points this radio show touched on: is this immoral/bad?-->conclusion: not nessessarily. there is a big history behind music on the radio. it wasn't bad then, but now it's out of hand? do we change it/CAN we change it?

1 comment:

  1. i just hated how loud my dad kept the radio, when by the same token he told me not to listen to music loud (specifially at the same volume)...i always liked CBC Radio

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive