December 12, 2007

I am data!

I am just reading my text book for my exam tomorrow, and upon reading about the effects of groups and identities, one of the examples is from a study that *I* took part in. That's right, i am part of a fact in a text book! How cool is that!

In my first year, I took part in a study which aimed at discovering individuals identity (either Francophone or Anglophone) and what kinds of things increase understanding or feeling of membership with the other group. The study found that if Anglophones had a good understanding of the French language they identified more than those who didn't know French, and those Francophones that identified with Anglophones felt less connection with Francophones. The study points out that learning a language can blur the lines between cultures.

Today's Lesson: We're all just a cog in the machine.


ps. i think there is no longer an option to colour my text?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive