November 11, 2008

Everyone Hates War

Everyone Hates War

Those are the words of the Rabbi who spoke at the War Memorial in Ottawa today in 90th year of WW1 remembrance. It was a very elaborate ceremony and quite touching. I really enjoyed it. It made me think about a segment on CBC a long time ago that was talking about games. They spoke about how wars were not always faught with guns. There were some leaders that actually faught wars by playing a game of chess with their enemies. What a world I dream where soldiers are trained for combat by learning chess strategies and not physical drill designed at making them run from bombs.

When the Rabbi said those words, I thought, yes, I may not be for the war in Afghanistan but I am for the lives and the good spirit of the people who are there. I decided I wanted to send a letter to a soldier, as I don't know any one fighting there right now personally.

If you are in the USA you might try
  • AnySoldier.com.


  • In Canada, DND has a similar programme called
  • Help Any Canadian Forces Member.


  • There is also a
  • msg board.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Archive