June 16, 2003

The other night, I almost became a statistic. I was walking home late at night, by my self, on a dark street, after drinking, like they always tell you not to do.

Out of nowhere, a black sports car pulled up, and the guy tried talking to me. "Hey baby," the usual. I ignored him, but he kept presisting. I look inside the car to look him in the face. He goes on ahead a little, but then he got out of his car!

You may think that it gets more interesting, or scary, depending on who you are, but it doesn't.

Luckily i had my self phone on and called my ex-boyfriend's house, as it was the first number that came to my head. (I'd been dating him for almost a quarter of my life, dialing his number is reflex) I began recounting my current situation to my ex's mother very loudly while walking away from the man persuing me. When I turned to see how quickly he was aproaching me, he was getting back into the car, and drove away.

No I didn't take a cab, cause I don't have the dough.
No I didn't call a friend to drive me, before hand that seemed unnessisary.
No I didn't get the guy's licence plate, I can't see that far. I guess it's time to stop procrastinating my eye doctor appointement...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive