August 19, 2008

Vegan Recipe- Must try for ALL

My Complete Book of Raw Food ed. by Lori Baird has a lot of time consuming recipes. However, the soups section caught my interest for two reasons. One, i really like soup. Two, the raw food soups are super fast to make. Most of the soups are: take ingredients and blend. That's my kind of recipe.

"Raspberry Cream Soup" is my favorite recipe in the book (granted the only one i've tried). The recipe is by Elysa Markowitz. Big thanks to Elysa, you-health-nut-you. She makes living delicious!

Raspberry Cream Soup

3 cups of orange juice (one orange is about 1/2 a cup)*
1 1/2 cups of raw cashews
1 box of raspberries
1 orange sliced

1. Squeeze orange juice.
2. Blend orange juice and cashews.
3. Add half the box of raspberries and blend.
4. Add rest of raspberries to 'broth'
5. Garnish with orange slices.

*note: I used only two cups of orange juice for a really creamy texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive