June 03, 2009

Euro Memoires: Volume 2



So as you may have heard me complain about in April, planing the trip was not all that much fun.

Lori Quote "I need a vacation from planning my vacation"

Vicky's way of traveling: Book your time off work. Don't do any planning. Only just b4 your break do you see where you're flying to. This avoids all that dumb stress that comes with pre-planning.

WORD OF ADVICE: Travel Cut's Sucks! it flat sucks!

The long and the short of it is that Eric and I went to book our super cheap flight. We checked the dates and signed, but we were wrong.

When we come back to make changes, Alain, the agent you must never NEVER go to gave us such bad customer service.

When I came in to change it he said that we did not have to stay because it would take an hour to be on the phone with the air line to change the flight. Eric asked if we could make the phn call, but Alain said no. We said that we would wait for his phn call that day. He made no mention of making this phn call another day.

Eric waited for 3hrs at my house until Travel Cut's closed.

The next day he went in, and Alain said he'd try to get around to it tomorrow.

I was PISSED!

I marched right in there and told Alain that I deserved a time line. He told me it was very busy and that "he had customers to serve."

WHAT?!?! I AM your customer!

I told him that this was time sensitive because I didn't want to flights to be booked. He told me it was "my problem."

MY PROBLEM?!?!?

First of all, he is the one who made the typing error for our flight.
Secondly, the whole point of going to a travel agency is so that they can take care of this kind of thing when there is a mishap, otherwise why wouldn't i just book online?
Thirdly, Alain said himself that he was the one who had to make the call, even after my bf had originally asked whether we could do it.

That made Alain's face turn red and he made the phn call.

Air Transat wanted to charge us $200 for each ticket change. I flat refused to pay this, especially after the horrible customer service I received. Alain said he would talk to his manager.

Oh that took weeks: Eric played phn tag with Alain and e-mail tag with the manager.
In the end the manager agreed to pay half the damage. Leaving us with an extra $200 to cough up.

Of course my sweet Eric forked the cash over, cause I was too pissed to toss them a coin.

I'm still in the process of complaining. I'll be writing to Air Transat and Travel Cuts to see if they will reimburse money.

If you have any hints on how to get money out of shitty corporations with lots of money, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive