July 24, 2003

Searching For the Self...Online

I met this guy last night who said that I would be perterbed to find that I am in a lot of places on the net. All I had to do, was go to google.ca, and type my name in quotation, and everything that I have EVER put on the net about my self would be there. Surprisingly, there are many ppl with the same first and last name as myself (and my last name's not that common). But only one search came to something that actually pertained to me. It was a posting of my name and the name of my story/essay, for a contest that I entered in grade 12: Hannah's Miracle*. I had won second prize and a LG CD writer (which, to this day, I rarly use). Nothing else came up.

I then thought about my blog, here. So I looked up scoot, "scoot fairy", and scootfairy. But this blog, nor anything else came up. I guess I'm an exception to the google search engine, that is supposed to find everything.

*About a woman in Korea who wants a boy, but has a girl. Every time a boy is born it dies. In the end (when they think she is too old to bear children) she becomes pregnat with a boy. Then,*gasp* she dies while giving birth. This cliche plot was then meshed with a whole bunch of Korean traditions that I looked up on the net. I even gave the caracters Korean names, and the boy in the story liked the favorite baseball team of the time that the story took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive