July 28, 2004

Progress Report on My New Year's Resolutions

To find my list of ten new year's resolutions you can click on December of my Goldies but Oldies List, or read below:

1) be more patient 2) exercise more 3) learn how to spell 4) memorize the charter of rights 5) get more regular sleep 6) clear out possessions without functions 7) spend less money on trivial things 8) write more 9) actually fulfill my New Year's Resolutions 10) be happy

1) oh yeah, I forgot about that one... But I have accepted the fact that I'm inpatient. That counts as progress.

2)Yep, doing that. Maybe I still don't work out as much as I should, but I definitely work out more than I did in 2003, so I say this resolution is kept so far.

3)....Spelling. This isn't the most important resolution, is it? And my resolution the year before this was to prioritize. So in effect, I'm keeping a resolution from two years ago, which is more prestigious than keeping one for seven months.

4) irrelevant. Maybe I could read them over, but now that I've decided not to go to debating tournaments this year, it hardly  makes it worth while the time and effort.

5)ah, sleep. I think I most likely have, but maybe not, I can't really tell, because I forget what my sleep was like when I thought it was irregular. Perhaps I am now used to this irregularity, that now I think it is regular, and no longer find it a problem.

6)this one I am doing. I try not to buy things just because they are cute or what ever, I'm doing that quite well. If I do give in, I give it away as a gift, this way it doesn't clutter the house (which is what I'm trying to avoid)

7)as for things that I don't need but are still in fairly good condition, I put in my "re-gifting bag" or give it to the diabetes association for collection.

8)I am writing on my blog fairly often I feel. My average post is once a week, according to my profile stat-0-meter. And I keep a diary, dream journal, emotion chart, and financial book regularly if not daily, and write letters/emails to my long distance family and friends more often than in the past.

9) Looking above, I think I'm doing fairly well don't you think? Five out of the Eight evaluated so far have been kept, so I say that 9 is kept as well.

10)This resolution was really just to make it a round ten. But yeah, I'd say I'm happy.

Things to be thankful for:
~New job where I can learn new and useful skills while continuing my education.
~My education
~A new (the first ever purchased by me with my money) CD titled "Swing Swing" by Kelly and the Kelly Girls
~Good grades in my summer course
~Great time table
~Remembering why I am friends with my friends.
~A sweet, romantic, fun boyfriend
~Two cute cats
~Things to look forward to
~Things to remember
~Christmas
~Dreams
~Delicious food cooked by other people





1 comment:

  1. yeah thats actually pretty damn good, i dont even bother with new years resolutions anymore

    niveeeeen

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive